By Namiko Abe, About.com Guide
- Japanese seasonal events
- Education system
- Relationships with nature
- Japanese baby names
- Royal Family
Japanese seasonal events
There are many seasonal events throughout the year deeply rooted in Japanese culture.
- Children's Day in Japan and Koinobori Song
- Tanabata Song
- Symbols of Japanese Summer
- Let's Sing the "Rudolph" Song in Japanese
- Writing New Year's Cards
Each country has its own social manners. It is important to understand them especially when you visit a country.
Japanese education system is a little different from one in North America. Learn why with these resources.
- The Japanese Education System
- Japanese Universities
- English Language Education in Japan
- Education system vocabulary
Relationships with nature
Learn about how Japanese interpretations of nature has affected its culture.
- Proverbial Flowers
- Japanese Fish Proverbs
- Kanji for "Fish" and Fish Proverbs
- Japanese Ghosts (1)
- Japanese Ghosts (2)
- Relationships with Nature (1): Cherry Blossom
- Relationships with Nature (2): Pine
- Relationships with Nature (3): Bamboo
- Relationships with Nature (4): The Firefly
- Relationships with Animals: Cats
- Relationships with Animals: Dogs
- Animal Sounds
Japanese baby names
These resources help you to understand the meanings of Japanese names, and provide a reference for hundreds of Japanese baby names.
- Japanese Baby Names for Boys and Girls
- Japanese Baby Names
- Trends in Japanese Baby Names
- Popular Japanese Baby Names for 2008
- Most Popular Baby Names of 2005
- Most Popular Baby Names of 2004
- The Meaning of Japanese Names
- Your Name in Japanese
- The Top 10 Common Japanese Surnames
The Japanese imperial family is the oldest hereditary monarchy in the world.
Interesting aspects about how western movie titles or dialogue are translated into Japanese.
Unlike the Western Zodiac, which is divided into 12 months, the Asian Zodiac is divided into 12-year increments. Each year is named after an animal.
- Japanese Zodiac
- The Year of the Snake
- The Year of the Horse
- The Year of the Sheep
- The Year of the Rooster
- The Year of the Dog
- The Year of the Wild Boar
- The Year of the Rat
- The Year of the Ox
- The Year of the Tiger
- The Year of the Rabbit
Learn how to express feelings of love and caring in Japanese.
- Talking About Love
- Valentine's Day in Japan
- Japanese Words for "Love"
- Japanese Conception of Red
- Phrases for Dating
These resources help people find kanji characters for tattoos.
Let's learn hiragana with Japanese culture
Articles about Japanese society and culture make hiragana practice fun and memorable!
Ever since the Japan Football League started in 1999, soccer’s popularity has increased.
Here are some miscellaneous topics to learn more about Japanese culture.